SH.I.S Learning Resources Center Not just a library
It contains several information resources and their techniques, which the teacher directly deals to acquire searching skills of information, analyze and evaluate to build a new knowledge and experience, then develop them using several learning methods. It also provides services to, facilitate the useful for both teaching and learning.
The purpose of a resource center is to advanced the learning experience of students in any educational sector.
The learning center implements a group of activities, . Methods of implementation of these activities differs according to educational grades and concentrate on implementation of modem educational and learning methods. Such activities are:
- Reading activities: aim to sow reading habits those like; summarization and book presentation.
- Learning activities: these activities are done by student depending on himself to support his learning.
- Educational activities: these activities are done by teacher to support student learning.
- Information search: search on internet and using references.
- Cultural activities: these activities to be done by student in order to improve his cultural level; school radio, seminars, lectures and competition.
- Cooperative activities: these activities are done by students to help center to achieve its aims as a center group.
- Social activities: the aim of these activities is community service; like anti-terror activity, anti-smoking etc.